ddd

DDD under cygwin: ddd was built with a problem. When it runs, it does no

From: Vincent De Groote
Subject: DDD under cygwin: ddd was built with a problem. When it runs, it does nothing
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:24:10 +0200

Hello,

I have just built the last version of the ddd program under cygwin.

Cygwin was freshly installed.

After resolution of various missing libraries at configure time
(x-windows related), I ran the 'make' command.
The make command failed, because there was a library request
'-lresolv' that didn't exist in my installation.
I tried to find a libresolv or resolv package on cygwin (setup.exe and
http://www.cygwin.com/packages).  I didn't found anything
I then created a /usr/lib/libresolv.a package from an empty object file.
Then the make completed successfully.  I have executed the 'make
install' command, which ended without errors.

First question:  the libresolv.a library I have built contains
nothing, and the link phase was successfull.  Why is this library
needed ?

Then I started my freshly installed x-server, and started ddd in one
of the opened x shell.  Nothing happened
I tried to run the ddd.exe program from a cygwin console, without an
x-server.  Nothing happened.

Any idea on how to make it work ?

Thanks for your replies and your time.
Vincent De Groote

The startx command shows the following messages:

xauth:  creating new authority file /home/vdg/.serverauth.2096

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 1.5.3.0 (20090222)
Contact: address@hidden
XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/bin/X :0 -auth /home/vdg/.serverauth.2096

winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
(II) XF86Config is not supported
(II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information
winPrefsLoadPreferences: /etc/X11/system.XWinrc
LoadPreferences: Done parsing the configuration file...
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per pixel
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
Screen 0 added at XINERAMA coordinate (0,0).
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so
(II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
(--) 8 mouse buttons found
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "0000080C" (0000080c)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "French (Belgian)" (80c), type "4"
Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc105" Layout = "be" Variant = "(null)"
Options = "(null)"
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/misc/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/TTF/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/OTF, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/Type1/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/100dpi/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/75dpi/, removing from list!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 697 486
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
/home/vdg/.xinitrc: line 47: twm: command not found
/home/vdg/.xinitrc: line 48: xclock: command not found
Warning: Warning: Warning: Cannot convert string
"-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*" to type
FontStructCannot convert string "-
dobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*" to type
FontStructCannot convert string
"-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859
*" to type FontStruct

Warning: Warning: Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type
FontStructCannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStructCannot
convert string "nil2"
to type FontStruct