ddd

ddd and gddd problems

From: Fred Krogh
Subject: ddd and gddd problems
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 15:28:48 -0700

My ddd is hanging in a Fortran code, but the problem seems to go away if I put some extra breakpoints in. So at least I have a workaround.
The problem does not seem to occur if using gdb, but I strongly prefer ddd.

As a result of this I decided to see if maybe I could get the new version working.

I started today with

svn co svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/ddd/branches/gddd

The revision number is 7209.

Then in the gddd directory

./CVSMake
./configure (also tried this with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gddd --with-gtk)
make

Corrected the same two problems in ddd.texi and ddd-themes.texi (I mentioned the first about a month ago.) Corrections amounted to replacing \def\postscript{} on line 1 with \def\postscript(), and changing @sp -7 with @sp 0 (Of course I don't know if this is the desired correction, but at least it allows further progress.)

Some of the C codes had problems. There were problems with VSLSTYPE not being defined.

I commented out the line

#define YYERROR_VERBOSE

in vsl-gamma.Y to avoid getting complaints about YYDEBUG getting redefined.

Also in this program moved

extern YYSTYPE vsllval;

up inside the define block used just above it to avoid an error that YYSTYPE was not defined.

I added to strclass.C the three lines

#ifndef EOF
#define EOF (-1)
#endif

to get around a complaint that EOF was not defined.

At some point after this I concluded that things were in such bad shape there was no point in continuing.

In summary, either I'm not downloading what I should be, or ???
Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks,
Fred