ddd

ddd on remote host help

From: Shayle Murray
Subject: ddd on remote host help
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 14:21:59 -0500

Hi ddd,

First off, thank you for taking time to maintain free-software. Im learning more about it day by day as I am asked to at work. The philosophy is important.

To the issue. Im having trouble getting ddd to start the inferior gdb remotely on a qnx system. I have asked on SE. Please feel free to answer me there if you prefer. Today I encountered the issue of ‘waiting until gdb’, and resolved it by removing the ~/.ddd.

I have not found/looked for documentation regarding how ddd communicates to the remote host.

This may help you, these are the outputs of a successful run of ddd locally(on my virtual box) and an unsuccessful run from my virtualbox to my remote target. Dogfish is a linux machine, as opposed to the qnx machine.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you