debian-sf-devel

[Debian-sf-devel] Release candidate for the next official release of Deb

From: Roland Mas
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Release candidate for the next official release of Debian package
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:33:02 +0200

  Hello all,

  So there, I'm back from holiday, and back to work on debian-sf.
After a brief struggle with the Savannah CVS server, I managed to get
my hands on the recent changes committed by Christian, and I spent the
day refreshing my memories and hacking on debian-sf.

  As a result, a new (2.5-10+13) release of the package has been
uploaded to <URL:http://people.debian.org/~lolando/>.  I would like to
get people to test it (yes, that means you, in addition to me and a
few coworkers of mine), because it fixes all the easily fixable bugs
reported on the BTS.  If no outstanding bugs are found, I think I will
bump the release number to 2.5-11 and upload to the Debian archives in
a few days.

  If no bugs appear in the week or so after the upload, I think we'll
start working on a migration plan towards SF 2.6.

  A word about testing: it seems that a recent enough PostgreSQL
package finally made it into the testing (woody) distribution.  That
is cool, but it's only one step in the direction of having Sourceforge
in testing too.  The other package we depend on is php4-pgsql.  Last I
checked with its maintainer, the package was broken beyond any hope of
rapid fixing.  So I guess there's no use in refraining from any
upload.  Sourceforge will enter testing... well, someday.  When its
dependencies are met.

  This is the debian-sf news, good night.

Roland.
--