debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] State of the 'Forge?

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] State of the 'Forge?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:18:40 -0700

Not to be mean, but they are all either bleeding raw to the point of being
unmaintainable, or lack the basic functionality we need (CVS/web/mailing list).

I looked around quite a bit but nothing offered all the services sourceforge does. It seems complicated and ugly but that's because it is trying to do something complicated and ugly. For example LDAP is complicated and ugly but how else are you going to provide logins to ssh, postgres, CVS etc except maybe by writing your own PAM module.

You can also try to look at tutos but it does not offer mail list support, cvs support or forums but it does have pretty decent project management features.

             Tim Uckun
      Mobile Intelligence Unit.
   "There are some who call me TIM?"