debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] Is my solution correct to change domain name of Source

From: Nan Fan
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] Is my solution correct to change domain name of Sourceforge?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 11:45:11 +0800

I¡¯ve installed SF2.6.0+8 on my server, now I need to change the domain name to a new domain. So I do some research on it. But I am still not sure if it¡¯s correct

The brief step to change the domain name:

1. Login as root and stop Apache
2. The current data in my machine is not important, so I escape the step to backup it.

3. edit files to change domain name, the files include:
        /etc/hostname
        /etc/hosts
        /etc/host.conf (? Maybe not changed)
        /etc/resolv.conf

4. rm all *.sourceforge-old in /etc and sub-dir
5. execute /etc/init.d/hostname.sh to make hostname work. (A logout login needed)
6. remove sourceforge with apt-get
7. reinstall SF with new domain name without running install-ldap.sh with apt-get again

8. I find there are still several old domain names in /etc, so I replace them with the new one by one.
9. run /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh purge
        /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh reset
        /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh configure
10. I can visit SF2.6.0+8 with new domain name
11. Further operations to restore data if necessary.

I tested "creating user, creating project, publish something" in SF, SSH and CVS to Sourceforge. They are all working very well. (Thanks God!) But there left some information of old domain name in /etc/ssh,
I escape it since ssh is ok.

It's just an introduction of my research for you. Is any operation I missed? Any advice will help me. Thank you.

Aimia0_0
Beijing, P.R.China