dejagnu

running dejagnu tests against newlib 1.17.0

From: Alan Lehotsky
Subject: running dejagnu tests against newlib 1.17.0
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:00:55 -0400

With a port of binutils and gcc to a new machine, I've got what appears to be a
working newlib.   But attempting to run
dejagnu tests on newlib doesn't go anywhere.

I have done a 'default' configuration of newlib, so I expect that the iconv
support is not there; but the errors that are being reported don't make any
sense to me.  I've run with a RUNTESTFLAGS='-v -v -v -v' without seeing
anything more obvious than what shows with the minimal files.  My local config
is good enough that I pass 45k+ gcc tests, plus all the binutils, gas, ld, and
sim tests.

Anything stick out for anyone else here?

=====================

Running
/home/alehotsky/maxwell_tools/srcw/newlib/testsuite/newlib.elix/elix.exp ...
Running
/home/alehotsky/maxwell_tools/srcw/newlib/testsuite/newlib.iconv/iconv.exp ...
ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "newlib_target_compile
/home/alehotsky/maxwell_tools/srcw/newlib/testsuite/newlib.iconv/iconvjp.c
/home/alehotsky/maxwell_tools/bld-atdsp/atdsp-unknown-elf/newlib/testsuite/iconvjp.x
 executable {}" does not exist.
The error code is NONE
The info on the error is:
no files matched glob pattern
"/home/alehotsky/maxwell_tools/srcw/newlib/testsuite/newlib.search/newlib*"
    while executing
"glob /home/alehotsky/maxwell_tools/srcw/newlib/testsuite/newlib.search/newlib*"
    invoked from within
"catch "glob ${path}/${pattern}" tmp"

The newlib summary following is empty, e. t.

                   === newlib Summary ===

and nothing else...