dejagnu

Return value of ${board}_reboot proc

From: Anton Kolesov
Subject: Return value of ${board}_reboot proc
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:37:40 +0000

Hi,

I have a question: what type of value should be returned by ${board}_reboot
procedures? I cannot find a clear documentation on this regard. Procedure
standard_reboot returns an empty string, which makes me assume that empty
string means a success, while everything else is a fail. However it seems this
proc is never invoked, instead "${board}_reboot" from base-config.exp is always
used and it returns 0 and 1. And it seems that in every config where return
value of ${board}_reboot is used, then it is expected to be 0 or 1.

It seems that standard_reboot should be updated to return 1 and documentation
to remote_reboot should be added. Is that so?

Anton Kolesov