demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Re: About bytecode binary in demexp packages

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: About bytecode binary in demexp packages
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:25:02 +0200

Hello Thomas,

2005/7/7, Thomas de Grenier de Latour <address@hidden>:
> user have some issues with demexp-gtk2-client, then he could:
>  # USE="debug" emerge demexp-gtk2-client
> And then he would get a "demexp-gtk2-client.bc" to produce the
> traceback. That's what we do, for instance, to install a C program
> with its debug symbols, so it's pretty standard. Does it sounds
> fine?

Yep, it's ok for me. However, could you document this somewhere in
your doc? I'm not sure to remember this next time a Gentoo user will
have an issue. :-)

Well, there is still a minor annoyance for the user as the client
should be launched with a specific option (--exception or something
like that). Moreover the client should be launched from a terminal and
some environment variable be set. Well, maybe a wrapper script would
be useful (demexp-gtk2-client-debug or something like that).

Yours,
d.