demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] TLA has been dropped by Tom Lord

From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] TLA has been dropped by Tom Lord
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:17:18 +0200

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:43:45 +0200
David MENTRE <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've not taken any decision yet, but it is always fun to play
> with a new SCM, so be assured I'll break all existing
> repositories. ;) Of course, I'll be glad to hear any opinion on
> the relative merit of other SCM.

I don't have experience with distributed SCM myself, but if it can
help, I remember some interresting blog entries by Edouard Gomez
and discussions on this topic (in french):
 - About Monotone: http://linuxfr.org/~GomGom/17829.html
 - About Mercurial (with an Arch->Mercurial conversion script):
 http://linuxfr.org/~GomGom/18736.html
 - Some hacking around Mercurial to calculate the average age of
XviD lines of code: http://linuxfr.org/~GomGom/18881.html

--
TGL.