demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Is this a known bug? Double connection necessary

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Is this a known bug? Double connection necessary
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:58:02 +0200

Felix HENRY <address@hidden> writes:

> when I use demexp client V 0.6.3 on the official server, I first
> get a "Unable to connect to server: Connexion refusée" message.
> Then the client opens.
>
> If I close it and open it again, I get the same message.

I observe the same behavior.

> However, if I open it, open the "preference" window,
> close it by clicking on "cancel", close demexp client, and
> open demxp client again, it works, and I am connected.

Well, waiting a "little" (real duration of "little" being undefined) has
the same effect.

> Quite strange isn't it?

Yes, I really don't understand what is going wrong. This is clearly a
network issue, either on the TCP/IP stack configuration on the client or
server side, or due to side effects of network equipments
(firewall?). But I have no idea where to look at. :(

Best wishes,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A