demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: win32 and GTK

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Re: win32 and GTK
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:39:58 +0200

Hi Christophe,

GISQUET Christophe <address@hidden> writes:

> David MENTRE a écrit :
>> Is it possible to use a demexp specific GTK and install a demexp needed
>
> In fact this would serve little purpose: no software except demexp would
> expect libglade to be located there.

I was thinking of the *whole* GTK library (cf. my just previous email).

>> libraries/DLL into a sub-directory of demexp install directory? The main
>
> This is the better solution. However, for demexp to work, the dlls must
> be in the PATH variable or the same folder. Therefore it is simpler to
> have it at the same level as the client binary. That's what the
> installer does.

Ok, that's clear and clean.

> There's no normalized or de facto standard way to handle libglade on
> win32 platform, while I believe the Gimp's installer is that "standard"
> for GTK.

Ack.

> I'm not too keen on programs than deletes a full folder without checking
> if it is going to delete files that it didn't install; much like
> libocaml-gettext. Add it that for some random-not-yet-seen it could end
> up as being "/" and then you cry.
>
> On the other hand, I don't mind deleting whole folders inside it; that's
> what is done for "locale".

Quite reasonable rationale that I agree with.

> Btw, this was in fact implemented as "extract to temp folder then
> delete". I don't think the user is that interested in keeping the
> setup. This could of course be a setup option, but it is probably not
> worth it.

Yes, no need to keep the old setup.

Thank you for the hard work.

Best whishes,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A