demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Swedish party to use demexp?

From: Frederic Lehobey
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Swedish party to use demexp?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:19:32 +0200

Hi,

David has already said it all.

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 02:07:57PM +0200, ketty . wrote:
> Hello, i have recently engaged myself in a swedish party which strives for
> directdemocracy in sweden. Website in swedish:
> http://www.aktivdemokrati.se/Manifesto in english:
> http://wse75376.web16.talkactive.net/ads%20websida/Party%20program.html

That is very interesting.

> It is however lacking in technical implementations, so we are very
> interested in demexp!
> I have currently set up a test server with a modified web-client at:
> http://equah.afraid.org/demexp/demexpweb.cgi

Nice. Too bad I do not read Swedish.

> Some of the modifications are quite quickly and dirtily done though...
> *blush* *hides code*

Well, as David said, the best way to have them hopefully cleaned is to
publish them for public inspection.  ;-)

> A problem i encountered when compiling demexp was that it seems to assume a
> 32bit architecture.
> I had to change the line: "type Ocaml_int = -1073741824 -- 1073741823" in
> srv/xml.cd.nw. But that is ofcourse no real fix as it breaks 32bit. Maybe
> use int32 or int64 instead of int?
>
> Anyway, i hope things will turn into a fruitfull cooperation between
> AktivDemokrati and Demexp! =)

Let us hope so. Thanks for your very appreciated feedback. Do not
hesitate to share your improvements. Patches are welcome.

David has already mentioned Augustin's different effort with Drupal
(see this list recent archive if needed).

Let us join the forces.  ;-)
Frédéric Lehobey