demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] demexp 0.8.0 is out!!

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] demexp 0.8.0 is out!!
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:52:29 +0200

Hi,

Le Sun, 01 Oct 2006 16:30:43 +0200,
David MENTRE <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I'm pleased to announce the availability of demexp 0.8.0:
>  http://www.linux-france.org/~dmentre/demexp/latest-src/demexp-0.8.0.tar.gz

The Debian package for Sid is available for my repository [1]. Packages
for other distributions should be available soon, but some work is
needed to produce them.

Just to give an idea of the problem:
 - demexp now depends on ocaml-gettext
 - ocaml-gettext is not in Debian (but already packaged in the Debian
   OCaml SVN repository)
 - ocaml-gettext depends on ocaml-ast-analyze
 - ocaml-ast-analyze is not in Debian (but fortunately already packaged
   in the Debian OCaml SVN repository)

Add to this:
 - ocaml-gettext packaging was buggy (wrong build-depends and depends)
 - ocaml-gettext depends on camomile which is buggy in Debian (bug
   #389470)
 - demexp depends on cameleon, which is buggy in Debian (doesn't
   generate native object file usable with ocamlopt)
 - demexp had also some troubles (static compilation + detection of
   config_file)

So, besides demexp, I had to produce packages for ocaml-gettext,
ocaml-ast-analyze, cameleon and camomile (they are all available on my
Debian repository, for those who want to recompile demexp easily).

And this is for unstable, which has the latest version of the
different packages. I'm sure that packaging for stable will be a lot
more fun ;)

Do not hesitate to report bugs found in this package,

Sincerly,

Thomas

[1] http://thomas.enix.org/DebianRepository
--