demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Software and releases needed for Drupal 5?

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Software and releases needed for Drupal 5?
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:10:03 +0200

Hi Augustin,

2006/10/10, Augustin <address@hidden>:
Go with Apache 2.x.

Available in Debian Etch.

>  * PHP (>= 4.3.3??);

Latest stable version is 4.4.*.

Ok, available:
 http://packages.debian.org/testing/web/libapache2-mod-php4

Do not go with php 5.0. It is supposed to work, but fewer people use it, and
it is less tested. My development setup uses php 4.4, so I wouldn't see
potential bugs with php5.

Ok.

Some specific php extensions are needed, but they are probably enabled by
default. We'll see later if one extension is missing.

Pre-compiled extensions are: "bcmath bz2 calendar ctype dba dbx exif
filepro ftp gettext iconv mbstring mime_magic openssl overload pcre
posix session shmop sockets standard sysvmsg sysvsem sysvshm tokenizer
wddx xml xmlrpc yp zip zlib"

>  * PostgreSQL (>= 7.3??);

PostgreSQL 7.4 is available:
 http://packages.debian.org/testing/misc/postgresql-7.4

http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/
(or phpmyadmin if using mysql :) ).

Available (even if I don't know if we need it ;-).

 http://packages.debian.org/testing/web/phppgadmin

Thank you for the report,
Best wishes,
d.