demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] update on account activation,

From: Augustin
Subject: [Demexp-dev] update on account activation,
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:04:21 +0800

David,

I have just updated the module and made some small but necessary change.
It's a bit more secure.

Now, there is a confirmation screen when activating the account.
Moreover, only the 'account officer' (you) or the Drupal account owner can
activate it (you must be logged in).

Similarly, if you have a request for an account creation, you must follow the
link and enter yourself the account name AND password (to make sure you
didn't make a mistake: the server will be contacted to verify the
information, but the password will not be stored).

When people start testing the site, you should start receiving some emails
with activation/creation requests.

Another major change is that the Drupal administrator account (mine), cannot
use this account to vote or to interact with the demexp server. The logic
behind this is that the website administrator will probably change over time.
I will be the administrator for the first 6-12 months or more, but then I may
step down, or the community may elect someone else to take over.
It means that I must create a personal account to vote, an account that I can
keep as an 'ordinary citizen'.

I think all of this is good enough for now.

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.

http://www.gnosis-usa.com/
Revolutionary Psychology, White Tantrism, Dream Yoga...

http://www.masquilier.org/
Condorcet, Approval alternative, better voting methods.