demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] update on tag hierachy (DONE)

From: Augustin
Subject: [Demexp-dev] update on tag hierachy (DONE)
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:40:31 +0800

On Monday 09 October 2006 01:13 am, you wrote:
> > 7) Tag hierarchy.
> > I just asked on the fr list for help from the classifiers.
> > The data on the test server is not the same than the data on the official
> > server, so I cannot properly plan for what's to come.
> > I want to play with the "abf: Europe" kind of tags.
>
> I have created tags:
>
>  "a: Tag A"
>  "aa: sub-tag of A"
>  "b: Tag B"
>
> and assigned them to questions 292 and 293 (on test server).

Thanks for this.
I have done the hierarchy implementation in Drupal.

I strip the prefix ("a:" , "aa:", "b:", etc.) so it is  not displayed anymore,
but I use it to get the implied hierarchy.

NOTE: I use a regex to do that, and I assume that the prefix will always be a
[a-z] letter. If it changes, I need to update the regex.

You can see the result online.
here are the questions (note the tags):
http://demexp.ouvaton.org/node/279
http://demexp.ouvaton.org/node/281

Here is the taxonomy listing for tag "aa: sub-tag of A":
http://demexp.ouvaton.org/taxonomy/term/571
Note the breadcrumb:
  Accueil ยป Tag A

The page for Tag A does not show the subordinate tags, but it can be done
easily later by adding the right module (one exists, but I doubt it has been
updated for Drupal 5 yet).

One more thing done!

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.

http://www.gnosis-usa.com/
Revolutionary Psychology, White Tantrism, Dream Yoga...

http://www.masquilier.org/
Condorcet, Approval alternative, better voting methods.