demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Some questions on Drupal's demexp module setup

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Some questions on Drupal's demexp module setup
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:46:57 +0200

Hello Augustin,

I'm in the process of setting up Drupal and your demexp module on my
local machine.

So far, I think I have setup everything correctly (see my installation
notes below) however my Drupal site is not yet working. Here are my
questions:

 1. I see no Question in http://localhost/drupal/?q=demexp_questions

    I tried to run cron-jobs but I'm not sure it worked correctly. After
    calling http://localhost/drupal/?q=admin/logs/status/run-cron I get:
"
100last tag retrieved
303server max

nb is 100
"

    Any idea about what I forgot to do?

 2. In your INSTALL.txt, you write:
"
Theme
*******
The module prints the "polling station" in a special area, so that the polling
station may appear to be separate from
 the question itself.
The html content of the polling station is in  $node->polling_station.
In your PHPTemplate theme, you must add a line to print it:
"

   Where is that PHPTemplate thing where I should add the <div>? I
   suppose this is in a file somewhere in themes/bluemarine/ (I'm using
   the default Drupal 5 theme)?

For those interested in duplicating my setting, I attach my notes to
this email.

Best wishes,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A

Drupal setup
============

* 2006-10-21

 == Setup of MySQL's drupalbase ==

$ mysqladmin -u root -p create drupalbase

$ mysql -u root -p
mysql> GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE
    -> TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES
    -> ON drupalbase.*
    -> TO 'address@hidden' IDENTIFIED BY 'XXXXXXXXXX';

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

mysql> quit;

 == Installation of Drupal ==

(see CVS source from: http://drupal.org/node/320 for details)
$ cvs -z6 -d:pserver:anonymous:address@hidden:/cvs/drupal checkout drupal

$ cp -a ~/pub/demexp/drupal/drupal/ /var/www/

# chgrp -R www-data /var/www/drupal/sites/

$ chmod -R g+wX /var/www/drupal/sites/

Point browser to: http://localhost/drupal

Database name: drupalbase
Database username: address@hidden
Database password: XXXXXXXXXX

Click "Save configuration"

$ chmod -R g-w /var/www/drupal/sites/

 == Configuration of Drupal ==

1. Create first admin account:

login: david
email: address@hidden

2. Configuration of Drupal

Go to: http://localhost/drupal/?q=admin

Run cron jobs manually to please Drupal:
  http://localhost/drupal/?q=admin/logs/status/run-cron

For the remaining, look at drupal interface.

 == Setup of demexp module ==

$ cvs -z6 -d:pserver:anonymous:address@hidden:/cvs/drupal-contrib co
contributions/modules/demexp

$ cp -a contributions/modules/demexp/ /var/www/drupal/modules/

http://localhost/drupal/?q=admin/build/modules
 Enable:
  * Path
  * Forum
  * Profile
  * Demexp

http://localhost/drupal/?q=admin/by-module
Click "forums", go to "add container"

 Container name: Questions
 Parent: <root>
 Weight: 0

HOME -> administer -> content management -> categories
Select "add vocabulary"

Vocabulary name: tags
Vocabulary name: The tags associated with the Demexp server's questions
Types: demexp question
Free tagging: selected.

$ cp /var/www/drupal/modules/demexp/node-demexp_question.tpl.php
/var/www/drupal/themes/bluemarine/

HOME -> administer -> site configuration -> Demexp setting
 URL to demexp server: http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/demexp-xmlrpc-test

HOME -> administer -> user management
Select "add user"
 Username: david_vote