demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Re: account password change

From: Augustin
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: account password change
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:55:11 +0800

On Monday 30 October 2006 04:30 am, David MENTRE wrote:
> >>  1. Is it possible for the demexp admin in Drupal to change the demexp
> >>     password of a Drupal user? It happens that demexp users loose their
> >>     passwords and I need to be able to give them a new one.
> >
> > ??? Did you code a method for that?
> > As you know, I haven't implemented any of the admin methods yet.
> > If you feel it's urgent, I'll work on the admin methods as soon as the
> > new site is launched.
>
> You did not understood my question: I was asking for a way to change the
> demexp server password of a user *inside his Drupal account*. :-)

Oh! I think I understand *at last* what you mean.

You mean that you have set up a new password for their voting account, and
sent it to them, and you are asking if they can change the password in the
Drupal settings for the voting account?
If so: yes, you already can. You can test it now.

I thought you asked about the user using the web interface to request and get
a new password for the voting account, without your intervention.

The only thing that can not be changed after being set is the voting account's
name: you saw that the module checks that the account name is valid and
useable, before storing it. (We already said that if one day we find out it
is necessary to change a voting account username, then I can code a way to
change it).

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.

http://www.gnosis-usa.com/
Revolutionary Psychology, White Tantrism, Dream Yoga...

http://www.masquilier.org/
Condorcet, Approval alternative, better voting methods.