Re: [Denemo-devel] \transposition unfinished

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] \transposition unfinished
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:34:16 +0000

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 21:50 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 12:26 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I've just noticed that the \transposition code in exportlilypond is
> > unfinished. I think this code is to make transposing instruments like Bb
> > clarinets sound at the right pitch in the midi output from lilypond.
> > Perhaps we don't need to be including \midi in the lilypond since we
> > have direct midi generation, and LilyPond's midi has never been very
> > good?
> > Shall we take out the \midi bit? It will somewhat speed up the Print
> > command. (This is not a showstopper).
>
> I am not attached to lilypond \midi. The whole \tempo= thing always
> gives me errors and is one of the first things I delete when editing
> denemo's output by hand.

Denemo was defaulting to \tempo = 0 which gives a floating point
exception in some LilyPonds. I think I reported it, and I fixed it (or
perhaps a re-incarnation of it) recently. We could enclose the \midi
section in {%uncomment for midi     %} so that it would be easy for
people who wanted to turn it on to do so.