Re: [Denemo-devel] checked in a fix to print.c

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] checked in a fix to print.c
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:02:23 +0000

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 22:10 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 04:58:20PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I've checked in a suggested fix to print.c
> > This is tentative as I don't understand what the code was trying to do.
> > As far as I can see, it should really delete the old pdf before doing
> > anything.
> > Richard
>
> I don't see where it deletes the old pdf. Line 51:
> remove (mudelafile);
> This removes the denemoprint.ly file not the denmoprint.pdf.
> I have did not add anything to delete the denemoprint.pdf but I have
> made some changes and am sending you a diff. The print.c in cvs does not
> work for me because the full pathname must be fed to the pdf reader. I
> believe it has something to do with the working directory of the
> execution of lilypond. Check out the diff and see if the change does not
> break things for you.
It is very curious - the change does break the invocation of my pdf
reader (which is the evince reader that comes with Debian etch). I've
made the program print out thus
  g_print("Calling %s %s\n", gui->prefs->pdfviewer->str,
          printfile);
and this works with the filename but fails with the full path, though
not if evoked in an xterm. I suspect we are trawling through problems
that whoever wrote the code experienced leading to the present state of
the code. AFAIK the current working directory of denemo is never changed
from within the program, so there is a good reason why evince should
fail to find denemoprint.pdf, and yet it does find it, and fails to find
it when passed the full path.
Which reader are you using? - and would it take an option to just print
the file and quit (Adobe's reader seems to have something like this)? If
so we could make a real print command this way quite cheaply.