Re: [Denemo-devel] creating and modifying fonts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] creating and modifying fonts
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:31:48 +0000

I used fontforge, but as you can see, I scarcely got to grips with it:
the extra tails needed on the notes are *very* crudely hacked in.
Improvements most welcome - its one of those vector drawing type things
with control points etc.
You can load a denemo.ttf with fontforge and after modifications you
have to do some sort of export to write out a ttf font.
Note that there is an offset (of 20 I think it is) between the ASCII
code of the notes/rests and the corresponding highlighted notes/rests,
so put any new characters where they won't collide with this system
(e.g. we need a note with at least one more tail - the 128th note - as I
found recently doing a Handel flute sonata).
There is also probably something wrong with the size information - the
font as used in denemo doesn't match the size of the ordinary letters;
if you notice anything that can fix this that would be great.
Richard