[Denemo-devel] Major update

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Major update
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:00:54 +0000

I've checked in the backlog of fixes and improvements now.
Bug fixes include two coredumpers and a fix in fakechord.c which needs
to be tested (sizeof(gchar*) was being used for strlen, I've simplified
the code so it should be ok).
Major enhancement is support for Movements - each piece of music can
have several movements that can be saved and printed in one go. Not yet
done for this code is copying the staff structure to a new movement (so
e.g. a string quartet in Fmin will still have four instruments when you
add a new movement) and printing out single parts across movements (or
single parts in one movement or some such!)
I've cleared out quite a bit of crud especially the staff delete stuff.
I haven't checked how Voices are doing.
The coredumps are not too obvious (one is reloading a keysig change in
first measure, another changing timesig in a measure where other staffs
are incomplete), but we shouldn't delay overlong before releasing again.
I've overhauled the haschanged flag use: there may well be places where
it should be set - please report (this is where you have made a change
but it does not warn you to save on quitting, or, nearly as bad, it
warns you when you really haven't done any such thing).