[Denemo-devel] Playback and Bookmark enhancements

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Playback and Bookmark enhancements
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:46:55 +0000

One of the main uses of playback is to check what you have written
aurally. During a long/fast piece it is difficult to mark all the places
for further checking. To fix this I've improved the visual feedback
while playing.
The music now scrolls as it plays, so the moment you hear something you
want to check on you can hit AddBookmark and carry on listening. Then at
the end you can use NextBookmark to review the passages of interest.
You also get to see the measure being played as the first measure on the
screen, so you can visually check as well.
To preserve the original, non-scrolling, facility (in case people find
it annoying) it does not scroll if you set the range to be played via
the playback preferences dialog.
I've refined the bookmarks, so that next & previous will wrap (with a
beep) and so you can delete the bookmarks.
Please let me know if there is insufficient delay at start of midi play
on your system (and what the system is).

Checked in.