[Denemo-devel] LilyPond beaming bug?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] LilyPond beaming bug?
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 09:25:27 +0100

I think I have found a LilyPond beaming bug (I'm on LilyPond 2.8.7 as
delivered with Debian Etch). In 3/4 time a dotted quarter note followed
by three eighth notes is beamed as if it was in 6/8 time.
If this is a LilyPond bug then we could be fixing it in the Denemo
output - below is an attempt by me to do this, attached is the relevant
Denemo file.
Questions: is this a LilyPond bug?
Is it present in all versions?
Can it be fixed using an override like the ones I've experimented with
below? (They are commented out in the file).
I won't get time to research this more just at present, but if there are
any musical notation gurus around...

Richard

% LilyPond file generated by Denemo version 0.7.9

%http://www.gnu.org/software/denemo/

\version "2.8.7"
\paper {printallheaders = ##t }
#(set-global-staff-size 16)
#(set-default-paper-size "a4")

\header{
        tagline = "Generated by Denemo Version 0.7.9, go to
http://www.gnu.org/software/denemo/";
}

% The music follows

        MvmntIVoiceITimeSig = \time 3/4
        MvmntIVoiceIKeySig = \key c \major
        MvmntIVoiceIClef = \clef treble
        MvmntIVoiceIProlog = {\MvmntIVoiceITimeSig \MvmntIVoiceIKeySig
\MvmntIVoiceIClef}
MvmntIVoiceI = {

#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 8 3 4) 4 8)
#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 8 3 4) 2 8)

 g'4. g'8 g' g'|
         g'4. g'8 g' g'|
         g'4. e'16 d' b' b' a' g'|
         a'8 g' b' d'' e'' g'' \bar "|."
}
MvmntIVoiceIMusic = {\MvmntIVoiceIProlog \MvmntIVoiceI}

\score {
<<\transpose c c <<
\new Staff << {
                \MvmntIVoiceIMusic