Re: [Denemo-devel] added excerpt and export export to png support

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] added excerpt and export export to png support
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 07:51:13 +0100

> I prefer the updown convention also. It helps me to spell them and
helps
> to read it I think. I can start to change them if you like.
I think life is too short to do this sort of thing - and even though I
like the look of UpDown naming many people will not - indeed I am not
sure that I can actually read it as well (traditionally C has been
written in lower case except for macros, and your brain gets used to
things and does less work when things are as expected).

> Since we are
> on a similar topic. What convention do you want to follow for tabs and
> spaces.
The golden rule is to follow the conventions of the surrounding code:
I'm pretty bad at doing this (particularly spaces after if etc), but I
try. You can pick up on errors much more easily if the formatting is
uniform,

> I notice some code that looks like:
>
> function(){
> }
>
> and some that looks like
>
> function()
> {
> }
>
> Also I see:
>
> void
> function()
>
> and :
>
> void function()
>
> Frequently I see tab/spaces like this:
> if ()
>   Dothis;
>
> and:
>
> if ()
>       DoThis;
>
> How many spaces for tabs. When to use tabs spaces. We should probably
> agree on these things. I think someone mentioned a document on coding
> style guide a while back. Are you following some code style guide. If
> there is not one out there
There is a GNU coding style, but keeping the largest chunks of the code
as uniform as possible is as much as I hope for. There is also a program
(format? was it called?) that was in use with denemo at one time, but
once it has slid for a while it is quite painful to re-start using it.