[Denemo-devel] website

From: N. Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] website
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:07:51 +0200

I started to work on the webpage @ www.denemo.org
There is a lot of work in progress but the backend and the idea behind it is
ready.

First of all: Please make yourself an account, so that I can grand you with
specific rights. You will be able to change textes, create news-postings and
delete all my crappy german-accent texts.

Second: I allowed myself to make a new logo. Since I'm a musician and not a
designer its not that good, but better then the old, non-transparent, scribble
(http://denemo.sourceforge.net/images/logo1.png).

So take the logo as a placeholder since there has to be some logo on the page.
I think its not too bad and as far as I know (http://linux-sound.org/) there is
no similar logo so this is very unique.
If someone is able to make a better one I would be glad to change it.

Third and next step will be grabbing old text from the sourceforge denemo page,
but not to much. The old texts are sometimes wrong/outdated or consists of 1)
denemo is good because other programms are crap and 2)what denemo is not.

That was not nice to read, even if the old writer added a funny touch here and
there. But the main part, what denemo is and why is it good, was poorly written
out there.

This will be done fast. After that is adding new textes and screenshots. I plan
to do this very fast, too. Since the new page is only usefull if we present it
to an audience.

So the fourth step will be to announce the new denemo page here and there in
the web. Are there many known bugs that will prevent a more-public release at
the moment since many users will grab one certain package.

For that a few things a needed: A cheat-sheet or a short manual how to get
started. Then of course the releases for linux and mac I think. What about
ubuntu, (debian?), and suse packages?

It should be possible that any user could easily access a fast-to-install
programm to simply tryout everything. The growing database of examples is a
very good thing that surely will catch one or two users.

so far

Nils