Re: [Denemo-devel] UI modifications

From: Jean-René Reinhard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] UI modifications
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:48:32 +0200

I am under the impression that the Gtk UI Manager has limitations regarding what
we would like to implement :

- on keybindings : limitations on valid accels
- on actions : we would like to be able to define actions with parameters

I can try to adapt GtkUIManager to accomodate for these two cases, but a more
thorough discussion is probably needed. I don't think this UI overhaul should be
done just as coding goes.

So this first question is what is lacking to the current UI in terms of
functionnality, and what are the functionnalities we would like to see
implemented.

The second question is : is it possible to add a wiki on denemo.org, in order to
post blueprints relative to these big modifications, like
- modifications of the denemoui.xml format
- format for extended actions parameters
... starting with Richard's last posts.

Cheers,
Jean-René