Re: [Denemo-devel] Polymetrics

From: Kaspar
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Polymetrics
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 01:00:17 +0300

Hmmm, didn't unerstand the denemo file you sent me...
Why the time signature is changed to 3/4 in the second staff?

It didn't generate the pdf. Because of the errors, I guess.

Should I just make both staves with the same time signature (5/4) and edit the result in LilyPond (text window)?

Sorry, but I just didn't understand :)

Thanks,

Kaspar

Richard Shann wrote:
Here is a start at generating what I think you are after. You would
probably want to alter the time signature to print as 5/4 and I suspect
there would be lots of beaming issues.
Placing the cursor on the LilyPond inserts (or better looking in the
LilyPond text window) will show what is being done. The relevant
documentation is under tuplets in the LilyPond docs. Polymetrics in
LilyPond's documentation http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond-big-page#Polymetric-notation
refers to having different time signatures where the alignment is
quarter note to quarter note, as opposed to measure aligning with
measure. Which (judging by the denemo display which you approved) is
what you are after.
Richard