Re: [Denemo-devel] First-time user (Windows build)

From: David Bolton
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] First-time user (Windows build)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:00:04 -0500

Richard Shann wrote:

* Before each launch the following alert pops up: "some icons will not display properly, but program will run ok." Although the message is well intentioned I'm not sure it is necessary since all icons displayed properly (albeit non-native).
Can you check this - the one's that fail (for me) are the ones in the
view->articulation pallette
Perhaps I should move this message to the pop-up of that palette (I'm
not absolutely sure where else they might be used).

You are correct Richard. I hadn't looked at the articulations palette until now.

* The default path locations in the preference dialog do not use system defaults. For example the path for "Pdf Viewer" links to a 4.0 version of Adobe Acrobat (latest version is 8.0), and the "Default Save Path" links to a user called "rich".
Hmm, that's me. I don't know how to find the user's file association
for .pdf I would be glad if someone could tell me...
I'll look into the other one.

Browsing through the GTK documentation I came across GAppInfo
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/stable/GAppInfo.html

The function g_app_info_get_default_for_type () looks promising but I've never worked with GTK so I don't really know how to use it.

--
David Bolton
http://davidbolton.info