Re: [Denemo-devel] status report

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] status report
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:24:52 +0100

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 22:15 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> What is left on the TODO list for the release?
Well, no one has actually said that they think the release should
contain a fix for LilyPond import, but Roy is keen that it should be
possible to load back simple Denemo files saved in LilyPond format, and
I am keen that it should load some LilyPond files (for which fixes are
available). I have been getting to grips with the LilyPond load for this
purpose, but I can't say quite how long it may take.
It is one of the curses of projects like this that no one says they need
something until we announce a release, and then it drags on and on. I
think we should set deadlines for feature requests, announce a schedule
and, barring showstopping bugs, stick to it.

> I do not want to make any
> changes to importMidi until the next release. I think I will check out
> the docs and see what I update. When we make a release it may be
> embarrassing if the docs are behind. I will look over them and have them
> update sometime tomorrow.
That sounds good, the Print Excerpt has no documentation, I think. There
is an email from you which I didn't respond to (sorry) about this: the
situation is that if you have a selection, you probably want that as the
excerpt, or you may want the whole piece of music as a .png (which is
only properly supported if it fits on one page, else the user has to dig
the rest out from .denemo/denemoprint*<n>*.png for n pages), (or even to
select measures by start measure number/end measure number). The
interface is supposed to support all this, (but is a bit cheap and
cheerful?).