Re: [Denemo-devel] Re: Updated RPM spec file

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Re: Updated RPM spec file
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:02:02 +0800

Richard,

I would think this is safe to check-in as it is only used to build denemo RPM files. Fedora users can still just build and install Denemo with make install.

For those not familiar with building RPM files, here is what is required.

First aubio and aubio-devel RPMs must be installed (after their dependencies are satisfied) .  These are not part of either the Fedora 8 or 9 distributions, but  I have found the following RPMs can be installed in Fedora 8 (there are also x86_64 versions of these RPMs).

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/devel/x86_64/aubio-devel-0.3.2-4.fc10.i386.html
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/devel/i386/aubio-0.3.2-4.fc10.i386.html

1> To build the spec file, run  autogen.sh and configure.
2> the denemo.spec file is then put in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ (this is not required but is the convention)
3> A denemo gziped tarball  of the source tree is placed in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
4> The command rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/denemo.spec is run.

Note: I can build Denemo RPM files for Fedora 8 for i386 and x86_64 architectures which then could be distributed on the Denemo web page. I will be able to test shortly whether these RPMs will also work in Fedora 9.

Regards,
Roy Rankin

On Mon Jul 28 12:04 , Richard Shann sent:

I don't want this email to get lost - should this file be checked in?
Could it break the 0.7.9 release?
Does it fix something that will make a real difference to this release?
(does it mean that someone with a Fedora system could type make dist and
get a dist which they could then offer for inclusion on Savannah, that
makes sense?)
If it *could* break the release we should put it in 0.7.10 as I guess
anyone who can use it would be able to patch it into 0.7.9
?
Richard