Re: [Denemo-devel] Building denemo on Debian Etch

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building denemo on Debian Etch
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:02:00 +0800

In Fedora you would be missing the packages automake and libtool.

Roy

On Sat Aug 9 16:12 , Richard Shann sent:

I have got back my ssh access to Savannah and have downloaded denemo. I
thought it might be good to document the build process from a fresh
Debian installation, as some of it is not obvious, and indeed, I am
stuck at ./configure at the moment (see below).
I installed gcc bison flex and libaubio before I started, as I knew
these would be needed.
The first step is
./autogen.sh
which gave me the errors:

./autogen.sh: line 2: aclocal: command not found

which is lack of automake,

./autogen.sh: line 4: libtoolize: command not found

which is lack of libtool

configure.in:78: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_XML2
If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.

which is lack of libxml2-dev

In total to get through the ./autogen.sh stage I installed:
gcc
bison
flex
libaubio
automake
libtool
libxml2-dev

On ./configure I get this error

./configure: line 22209: syntax error near unexpected token `GTK2,'
./configure: line 22209: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTK2, gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.3)'

which I don't recall seeing before.
Any ideas?