[Denemo-devel] Musical Instrument Tuner

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Musical Instrument Tuner
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:26:12 +0100

Denemo has a musical instrument tuner tucked away under the Microphone
button.
Curiously, on my freshly installed Debian system it has become unable to
cope with the low signal level I give it. The same version is still
working under windows, so I don't think it is some variation in the
actual input voltage. There are some arbitrary parameters (BACKGROUND_DB
and BACKGROUND_DB+6 in the routine which were just carried over from
accordeur - and, for all I know, Dan's Tuner) which affect the
sensitivity, but what has changed I cannot imagine.
It is time I bought a mixer and gave the soundcard a decent signal.