Re: [Denemo-devel] Scripting mode changes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scripting mode changes
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:00:03 +0100

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 10:50 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > exporting lilypond but I don't see a need for denemo to store the
> notes
> > the way it does. I am willing to do the work on changing it if you
> don't
> > see a good reason opposing this idea. What do you think?
> That's a very bad idea!
I should explain myself - any attempt to change Denemo's internal
representation would be fraught with danger, we should consider it
fossilised. Treat it as a dangerous wild beast to be tip-toed around.
Wrap it in a thick blanket that has a friendly exterior and hope it
never bites:-)
I am serious, though. The code frequently makes tacit assumptions about
details of the implementation which you would never track down. All we
need is some wrappers around the data structures to return a
well-documented representation of the data.
Question, which would be the well documented representation to choose?