Re: [Denemo-devel] Percussion support

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Percussion support
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:46:00 +0200

This is nice to hear but I think some time in the future different noteheads
should be a native feature of Denemo.

Since Percussion Notation is absolutly not a standard (as you can see even
those two examples are different) it would be nice to have ways to reuse
drum-notations.

I want to ask if its possible for you to make a template script avaible where
you can change notes with others. Maybe in the end its just a table like "a2 to
c4" while the system is intelligent enough to fulfill this example:

"a2 to c4" and "c4 to b3". Off course this should result in c4s AND b3s and not
only in b3s :)

With a script-template like this it would be possible to make different
drumsetlayout and switch between them. The number-one example is notating for
midi and use the same as a printout for a real drummer.

greetings with real-world examples,

Nils