[Denemo-devel] load *.abc file?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] load *.abc file?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:34:05 +0100

Yannic on the wishlist:
> I am no a programmer but abc2ly exist could it be used as a kind of
> plugin ?

I think it could - a little bit of scheme to run it and then pass it to
the denemo parser for lilypond.
> by the way musicxml2ly etf2ly exists also (I did not try it).

I tried musicxml2ly at least once and it failed.
> sounds interesting to open ABC , musicxml and Finale files, isn't it ?

The most interesting is to open .pdf files. There is a commercial
program pdf2music that does just this - it analyses the fonts etc in the
pdf and works out what the music is and outputs midi and musicxml.