[Denemo-devel] Major check in.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Major check in.
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:10:42 +0100

I've done some radical work on the callbacks, to allow an optional
parameter to all the commands from a scheme script. The purpose I have
in mind is passing in values to commands that would otherwise throw up
dialogs (so, you pass in the value to the InsertFakeChord action to
insert the particular chord symbol you want).
An important regression is that the command line launching of a file &
the loading of crashrecovery.denemo is disabled. The problem is that
these require the gui to be up, which in turn requires scheme to be
initialized. It can be recovered by moving all the clunky getopt
machinery into view.c, or moving the inner_main() out to main (with all
the scheme machinery) or, perhaps more elegantly, by getting a script
written during main, and executing after the gui is created during
inner_main.
But as there is such a lot of other work gone in (almost every file) I
think it wise to put this in git first, so that people don't have
massive merge problems.

Anyway, the Scheme interface is now thus

(d-CursorUp)

calls the CursorUp command. The d- is to avoid nameclashes.

Next I will write the extra code in InsertLilyPond command to take the
passed in string and avoid the dialog, and we are then ready for our
first real script: say a set of guitar fingering keyboard shortcuts.