Re: [Denemo-devel] Problems with Denemo intallation 0.7.9

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problems with Denemo intallation 0.7.9
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:18:45 +0100

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 10:06 +0200, Fra Walter Vassallo OFM wrote:
> 2. Under Windows Denemo still complains that the Lilypond engine
> cannot be found. Without this the Windows version is of little use,
> for printing scores is an essential outcome. Could a work-around be
> found?

The workaround would be either
        1) after trying to print, use LilyPond directly on the file
My Documents/.denemo/denemoprint.ly
which the printing creates

or
        2) SaveAs to .ly format, and user LilyPond on that
or
        3) Copy and paste the text from the LilyPond window (I think Ctrl-A
Ctrl-C then Ctrl-V does that) into a text file and again run LilyPond.

However, there are people sitting at machines with Windows installed who
have it working - please will you co-operate to find the problem?
You will need to look at the value of
%PATH%
and the whereabouts of the correct LilyPond executable, and the settings
of the denemo prefs, and (although this shouldn't be wrong) the list
of .dlls under Program Files/denemo/something (bin I think)

I can't really do this efficiently as I never have a windows box
connected to the internet, but a few emails to and fro between windows
users would fix your problem.