Re: [Denemo-devel] jack midi input

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] jack midi input
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:39:30 +0000

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 09:00 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> I can do this bit very easily - I have had a look and it is a
> straightforward enough bit of plumbing - leave it to me.
> >  Will I
> > need to create a midi2hz or midi to frequency function.
> yes, please do this - I will just assume it exists, I will use
>
>     if (event.buffer[0] = (SYS_EXCLUSIVE_MESSAGE1 & NOTE_ON))
>         return midi2hz(event.buffer[1]);
>
> where my function will be the dummy:
>
> double midi2hz(gpointer data) {
> return 440.0;
> }

I've done a first pass at merging the midi with the audio input.
It is very rough (all the audio input stuff is showing when the input is
midi) and I haven't tested it at all since I don't yet have midi, but I
don't think there are any regressions (well, except deleting the
Pichentry Control window stuff, but that can wait - it will be much
easier to code now as we don't have multiple guis any more).