Re: [Denemo-devel] jack midi input

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] jack midi input
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 08:33:11 -0600

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 09:03 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 22:52 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> > What Jeremiah said is off course right, and there is the
> > JACK-virtual-keyboard, too.
> > But as far as I understood Richard he is not able to start a JACK server at
> > the moment.
> That's right
> >
> > How about a modern distribution like Ubuntustudio or 64studio (debian) ? :)
> The only downside is that we don't know when we are using features not
> available for the majority of users if the developers have special
> hi-spec machines etc. (And, from a practical point of view, I don't have
> a 64bit machine, and only 256Mb of memory...)

> However, I personally do want to get midi input going for my own
> purposes.

I would say don't bother then. If it does not benefit you. Users should
contribute or donate one to you. Why should you waste money. You are
already put your time and expertise into this project. We need a wiki or
something for fundraiser or contributors or something. Does anyone think
this would help?

Jeremiah