Re: [Denemo-devel] midi input

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] midi input
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:56:01 +0100

The idea of having immediatly playbacked the note is nice, however it should be
the users choice to turn it off/on since I, for example, absolutly don't like
it. And if I need it I normally have my Midikeyboard connect to ZynAddSubFx or
Linuxsampler so I get sound anyway, without Denemo. Please note that with JACK
its no problem to route your midi-input to denemo and some other programm at
the same time.

To the JACK-output. Do you mean JACK-audio output for the (CSound?-)playback or
do you mean midi output?
For the midi-output I agree that there has to be some amount of time to be
spent. Midi-output is not a easy thing and it should be well designed with
proper reactions to the Denemo-commands. Also there would be a massive amount
of new functions needed, for example tempo-changes/metronome-changes which
would be recognized by both Lilypond and midi, and universal-functions to
directly alter midi-commands, like the lilypond-entry function is now used for
lilypond.

If Denemo should be able to output midi, which could be really amazing, then it
should be done properly. And if you ask me its a post 1.0 thing :)

Nils