[Denemo-devel] began real transposition script

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Denemo-devel] began real transposition script
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 10:37:14 -0600

I began writing a real transposition script

(define chromatic_notes '(
  ("a" 0)
  ("b" 1)
  ("c" 2)
  ("d" 3)
  ("e" 4)
  ("f" 5)
  ("g" 6)))

(define sharp_list (list "a" "ais" "b" "c" "cis" "d" "dis" "e" "f" "fis"
"g" "gis"))

(define transpose
  (lambda (note modulate)
    (list-ref sharp_list (+ modulate (car (cdr (assoc note
chromatic_notes)))))))

Am I on the right path with this. You call
(transpose notename transpose_half)
for example
(transpose "b" 5)
returns dis

It is obvious I need to finish filling out chromatic_notes list. The
function also does not yet support negative transpose direction. The
note returned are also sharp biased. I would need a switch to choose a
flat list. How do you recommend I interface this with denemo. I thought
I could find the frist letter returned by the transpose function then in
edit mode change that note to the transposed note base. Then parse the
string to find out the amount of sharps or flats that need to be added.
Any suggestions?