Re: [Denemo-devel] software installation problem

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] software installation problem
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 14:22:36 +0000

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 08:28 -0600, Marianne Swallie wrote:
> I just downloaded the software this morning (running windows xp) –
> can’t get it to load.  All I get is a dialog box with the error
> message “some icons will not display properly, but program will run
> ok”.  Nothing else…tried downloading the installer again,
> reinstalling, still getting the same message.
>

> Any thoughts?
Only that you are not alone. Several people have reported this. And, on
the other hand it *does* run properly on other people's XP machines. I
will build the software with debugging turned on the next time I am
working in windows xp, and then hopefully someone with the problem & the
expertise to run the program under gdb will tell us more. Until then,
patience.
Richard
ps. you did dismiss the pop-up that said "some icons..."? I don't think
it will continue to run before you have dismissed this window.