[Denemo-devel] Re: denemo 0.7.8 - missing file "keymaprc"?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: denemo 0.7.8 - missing file "keymaprc"?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:36:55 +0000

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 17:45 +0100, Charlie Ledocq wrote:
> Hi richard,
>
> Richard Shann a écrit :
> > It will be very helpful to us if you post what messages you got when
> > trying to install/run 0.8.0
> >
> I downloaded denemo-0.8.0.deb ang got it installed using the
> pb-debianinstaller (on ToutouLinux03.01.4 which is the french
> translation of Puppy3.01).
> Missing dependencies where also installed:
> libguile.so.17
> libgimp.so.3
That is strange, denemo does not depend on gimp.
> libaubio.so.2
> libltdl.s0.3
> libportaudio.so.2  and libjack-0.100.0.so.0
>
> No entry was created on the menu (as it was already the case with
> denemo-0.7.8)
??? "the menu"??? something on your desktop, like the windows start
menu???

> I then went to usr/bin and ran ./denemo in a terminal
> see error message on attached screenshot scrshotX.png
The error message is that the guile installation is not working.
The files that can't be found are the standard guile files.
If you type

guile

at the command prompt, does the guile interpreter start? (type

(quit)

to quit it.
On windows you have to set the environment variable GUILE_LOAD_PATH but
I don't have that set on unix.
If anyone understands how the libguile should work on unix please say.

Thank you for trying to get this going.
Richard