[Denemo-devel] Report on Copy and Paste LIlypond Directives (and Empty M

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Report on Copy and Paste LIlypond Directives (and Empty Measures for educational usage)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 22:27:25 +0100

Hi,

A report:

I made a piece consisting of 4 staffs. One soprano, one bass. The other two I
wanted to be empty to compose further with a print out.

Now if you leave a bar empty Denemo/Lilypond will fill in a rest. I used "\skip
2." (its a 6/8) and this works fine, the bar is empty then.
This leads to 2 points:

1. It would be handy to have some option to leave complete empty (even without
rests) measures blank If you wish. Especially for composing  or educational
practice this is usefull. Is there a lilypond option for this? Maybe it could
be a staff property.

2. I filled two measures with the lilypond command and wanted to copy and paste
the rest. It is not possible to copy two measures only with the ly-directive
and then paste it to get two new empty measures with the directive. Denemo just
pasted the directives in one measure, because there are no rests or anything
written in between. I don't know what to say, this is not really a bug, but I
wanted to mention that its not easily possible to copy empty measures only with
lilypond-directives in whole pieces. You have to select every new measure per
hand and then paste it in.

Nils