Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose Selection now checked in.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose Selection now checked in.
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 09:06:01 +0000

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 23:47 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 13:41 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I've checked in a script under
> > Edit->Transpose->TransposeSelection
> > which uses the transpose code developed by Jeremiah. That code itself is
> > in Edit->Transpose->init.scm
> > where it gets called once per session in which scripts that need it get
> > called.
> > Other scripts, such as TransposeStaff or TransposeScore are
> > straightforward now.
> >
> > One bug: the init.scm appears in the selection for More commands, which
> > needs fixing.
> > Oh, and I haven't really examined whether the transposition is being
> > done correctly in most cases - I think the octave stuff might not be
> > working.
>
> I see there is something wrong with ApplyToSelection I think.
Fixed.

>  The
> Transposition is done correctly every time I have tested only when a
> barline is not in the selection. If a barline is in the selection it is
> if the Transpose function has been applied twice to the note just before
> the barline.
>
> > And we need to have a new home for the current (output-only)
> > transposition stuff - a subdirectory of Transpose called LilyPond
> > perhaps.
>
> ok. Instead of the staff properties then?
???
I was thinking of scripts which (might) put "\transpose c d" into
various possible fields. Oh, and one script, OpenOctaveUp that is
already in there (it is opening a block to be transposed in the LilyPond
output - this is one that I use if the range of a piece is mostly ok but
some bits need octave transposition).
Needs thought for how to make this easy for folk to understand.

As well,
I meant to say something about the conventions for variable naming:

All globals should be prefixed by the command name::
for a group of commands with an init, by the menu name.
The uppper/lower case of the variable name after the :: indicates
public/private, so
Transpose::Interval is public (would be Transpose::interval if it was
private)

Richard