Re: [Denemo-devel] updated Makefile.am

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] updated Makefile.am
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:30:12 +0000

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 08:16 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> git supports symlinks.
While on this subject of symlinks, I propose that we re-consider the
ActionMenu toolbar. It seemed like a good idea when the menus were fixed
at release time, but now we find ourselves neglecting to add the new
menu items to both ways of clasifying actions - for example transpose
will give us commands

Transpose a note
Transpose a selection of notes
Transpose a Staff
Transpose a Movement
Transpose a Score.
as well as Educational scripts such as play the piece Transposed with
CheckPitches running...

These would be dotted around the ObjectMenu, but would all be together
in the ActionMenu. It does still seem like a good idea to me, but not if
the ActionMenu never has any more commands added. Perhaps every time you
create a new command in the ObjectMenu you should be prompted for a
place in the ActionMenu to insert it as a symlink. Perhaps this can
wait.