Re: [Denemo-devel] Next release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Next release
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:26:42 +0000

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 23:55 +0100, ben wrote:
> Richard Shann a écrit :
> > MIDI input
> [...]
>
> sorry for being out of denemo for a very long time. i think
> the midi input have grown in git (i only have the old cvs here)
> without using my partial work (3 years ago) on ALSA support.
> So, if midi i/o is not based on this code, we may remove:
I think Jeremiah has only done MIDI in, via JACK - just a couple of
function calls. I am not too clear what people want in terms of MIDI out
(its one of Nils' interests), my interest in Denemo goes in the
direction of sound-effects out, that is audible output that helps
checking/entering music. Nils and others I think may want to Denemo to
generate a musical output (i.e. something you would want to listen to -
perhaps even as the final goal of the use of the program).
I don't know how the files you list below may be useful/redundant in
this context.
Richard