Re: [Denemo-devel] Stem management

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Stem management
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 10:10:35 +0000

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 10:55 +0100, Daeavelwyn Kalandeth Baeltalquis
wrote:
> Hi and happy new year,
>
> I'm looking for a way to manage efficiently stem in denemo. I want for
> example to assign a shortcut (in my case the slash ('/') shortcut to
> link or not link stem, but I can't find how to do, someone could help
> me?
By "link stem" I guess you mean start/stop the beaming. The beaming
shown by Denemo is just to make the music readable while you enter it;
the beaming of the printed page is controlled by the LilyPond
typesetter. As I said in my other email from memory I believe that
[ and ] start and stop beaming. There are other directives that can be
placed at the beginning of a piece that tell LilyPond how you want the
beaming patterns to go.
The first thing to do is decide which LilyPond directives you wish to
insert, putting them in by hand. When you have the syntax sorted out,
you can create a command that inserts the syntax and you can create a
shortcut for it. Until the release documentation is done there will not
be much guidance on how to create a new command to insert some LilyPond
directive; once you have decided on the syntax you wish to insert, ask
for help.
> my other question is : how to edit partition directly from lilypond
> text, because I've open the lilypond view, but can't find a way to
> edit, and make my changes apply t the score.
The plain text is not editable, only the bold text. However, in between
the notes *is* editable, you can type LilyPond directives in there, and
they will appear in the Denemo window. Sometimes it is difficult to get
the correct insertion point (since there is nothing there), and it can
be easier to start the insertion using Other->Insert LilyPond Directive,
and then switch to the LilyPond window to edit the directive more
comfortably - take care not to delete all the text though, as the
LilyPond directive can be deleted, and you have to start again.
Richard